Adult Dependent Relative visas

Adult dependant relatives

The rules for adult dependant relatives of British citizens, people with indefinite leave to remain and refugees have become much stricter in recent years. You must show that as a result of age, illness or disability your relative requires long term personal care that can only be provided by a relative in the UK without any recourse to public funds. This is a difficult test to establish and we recommend that you contact our specialist immigration advisors for help with these types of applications.

This visa route is also only open to people outside the UK, although if you are in the UK you may be able to make an application outside the immigration rules.

Contact us

If you would like to contact us about your case and to discuss how we can help you, please call us on 0121 698 2187 or alternatively email us at

You can also use our free immigration advice service (this is suitable for general enquiries about immigration requirements).