Appeals and Administrative Review
Unfortunately, sometimes an immigration application is refused, and you may need to challenge it through an appeal or through the Administrative Review process. Receiving a negative immigration decision can be stressful and it is important that you act quickly because there are strict deadlines to comply with.
If your application was for a family visa, or made under the EEA Regulations, or you made a protection claim you will have a right of appeal. Refusals of points-based system applications or for a business immigration visa must be challenged through Administrative Review.
First-tier Tribunal appeals
HS Immigration Consultants can represent you throughout the entire First-tier Tribunal appeal process:
- We will advise you fully about the merits of your case and explain to you how you can exercise your right of appeal.
- We will prepare detailed grounds of appeal and where appropriate make representations to the decision maker to try and have the decision overturned before you must go to court.
- Using our many years’ experience, we will thoroughly prepare your case to be heard before the First-tier Tribunal, ensuring that the Tribunal’s sometimes complex Directions are adhered to. We will advise you about the evidence required to support your appeal and ensure that right documents are submitted to the Tribunal to give you the best chance of success.
- Our experienced advocate will represent you at your hearing in the First-tier Tribunal, presenting your appeal in a professional and persuasive manner.
- Once your decision is received, we will advise you fully about the next steps such as the issuing of your visa or onward appeals to the Upper Tribunal.
Upper Tribunal appeal
Either side can challenge a decision of the First-tier Tribunal if the First-tier Tribunal Judge has made a legal error. HS Immigration Consultants can represent you throughout the entire Upper Tribunal appeal process:
- We will assess whether the First-tier Tribunal made an error of law, consulting with an experienced barrister if necessary.
- Draft grounds of appeal against a decision of the First-tier Tribunal.
- Prepare a response to any application for permission to appeal made by the Home Office.
- Our experienced advocate will represent you at your hearing in the Upper Tribunal, presenting your appeal in a professional and persuasive manner.
If you would like to contact us about your case and to discuss how we can help you, please call us on 0121 698 2187. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
You can also use our free immigration advice service (this is suitable for general enquiries about immigration requirements).